Articles: PREL Offers Scholarships to Teachers
Pacific Resources for Education and Learning (PREL) is accepting online applications for the Pacific Teacher Scholarship Program for Academic Year 2012–2013. The application deadline is April 1, 2012.
PREL awards about five scholarships each year to residents of the U.S.-affiliated Pacific to honor their commitment to teaching excellence. The amounts vary from $500 to $1,000.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a resident of American Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Republic of Palau, or the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- Be a 2nd-, 3rd-, or 4th-year student at an accredited college or university.
- Be enrolled in an accredited teacher preparation program.
- Be a student in good standing. (A grade point average [GPA] of at least 2.5 qualifies you as a student in good standing.)
- Intend to teach in a school in the U.S.-affiliated Pacific.
For more information about applying or donating to the Pacific Teacher Scholarship, please visit www.prel.org/scholarship.aspx.
- Pacific Resources for Education and Learning (PREL), January 20, 2012