The College of the Marshall Islands, a community college located in the warm central Pacific six degrees north of the Equator on Majuro atoll, seeks an Instructor to join the STEM Department as a teacher of Science. This is a full time position to begin in January 2013 with an initial contract of two years.
The successful candidate will predominately teach among Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, and Marine Science. The candidate also has opportunities to develop and shape new courses and develop departmental initiatives in areas of expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
* A Masters in a Biology, Microbiology, Environmental Science or Biochemistry or a Masters in Education with Bachelors in a Physical or Biological Science. Preference will be given to candidates with classroom teaching experience that incorporates best practices in the classroom, have international experiences and that have completed at least eighteen graduate hours in the sciences.
Salary and Benefits Offered at the College of the Marshall Islands:
USD$25,137 to $33,515. Salary placement is depending upon relevant education, training and experience.
NOTE: Employees understands and agrees that he or she is responsible for all taxes under RMI law and hereby authorizes the College to make any and all deductions required by law.
Review of applications will begin November 5, 2012. Applicants must submit:
- CMI employment application (found at the CMI jobs website www.cmi.edu  )
- a cover letter
- a Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- unofficial transcripts
- evidence of teaching (which may include a Portfolio, preferably on DVD, or video teaching demonstration, accessible with Microsoft software)
- and 3 professional reference letters