The College of the Marshall Islands is accepting applications for a developmental English instructor for the Majuro Campus.
The selected candidate will join the Developmental Education Department and teach English language courses in some combination of listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in an ESL environment.
The selected candidates may also teach in the First Year College Experience program. There are also opportunities to develop and shape new courses in areas of expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Minimum of teaching 12 credits per semester
- Designing, implementing and helping with faculty mentoring for professional development
- Student advising
- Supervision of tutorial services
- Student placement testing
- Community service in areas of expertise
- Participation in on-going assessment and alignment of courses/programs and services
- Providing services in support of ongoing advancement of the Developmental Education program
- Opportunity to do research
A Master's Degree in developmental education with specialization in English instruction, speech and communications. Preference will be given to candidates with TESL/TEFL certification and teaching experience that incorporates best practices in the classroom and overseas experience.
Salary and Benefits Offered at the College of the Marshall Islands:
USD$ 25,137 to $30,000. Salary placement is depending upon relevant education, training and experience.
- Two-year initial contract
- Transportation from the point of hire to the Marshall Islands
- $2,000 Moving In Allowance.
- $9,000 annual housing allowance
We will accept applications for the position until filled. Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume/CV, a Statement of Teaching Philosophy, evidence of teaching effectiveness, CMI employment application (found at the CMI jobs website www.cmi.edu ), unofficial transcripts, and 3 professional references.
The College of the Marshall Islands is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
The College of the Marshall Islands requires pre-employment reference and background screening.